Marriott’s Fall MegaBonus Promotion, Earn Extra Points with Every Stay
Marriott has released it’s new MegaBonus promotion that can earn you additional points for stays. Now for the first time ever, you earn bonus points across their 29 brands with MegaBonus in More Places.
Register by January 7, 2019 and stay at any participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
- Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
- Play the game 29 Ways to Stay from October 4 through November 1 to learn more about our 29 brands and for the chance to win prizes, including points and free nights.
- Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards (“Loyalty Program”) members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. Plus, members can earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period.
- The promotion earning period is for stays between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019, at participating Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton properties.
- A ‘stay’ is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
- Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends.
A decent promotion, but we have seen better ones in the past. It might not make many people switch their accommodation plans, but should be useful for those who have stays at Marriott brands during the promotion period. There’s no cap on the bonus points that you can earn.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed bu the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.