Delta Award Sale Africa
You say Award and I’ll say Sale. Award….Sale…..Award……SALE! While I have long been indifferent at best towards the SkyMiles program, I do have to admit that many of their award sales have been quite good lately if they work within your needs/schedule. Let’s take a look at their latest.
From deep-sea diving to desert treks, there’s no place like Africa. Grab a great deal to select destinations across this beautiful continent when you book by November 7, 2018, for travel between January 10 and March 19, 2019.
Here is a selection of some of the routes which are on sale:
- Washington Dulles to Johannesburg – 64K miles roundtrip
- New York JFK to Johannesburg – 64K miles roundtrip
- Fort Lauderdale to Johannesburg – 70K miles roundtrip
- San Diego/Phoenix to Johannesburg – 86K miles roundtrip
There are more routes on sale with miles and even some cash fares as low as $800. You can find all of the details on the offer page.
Need to Know
- Origins & Destinations – Round-trip fares and Award tickets for travel in Main Cabin from select U.S. cities to Africa.
- Purchase By – Tickets must be purchased no later than November 7, 2018.
- Travel Period – Travel between U.S. and Africa permitted between January 10, 2019 and March 19, 2019.
- Advance Purchase – 28 days
- Minimum Stay – 7 days
- Maximum Stay – 3 months
While Delta used to only charge 30K one-way as a Saver to Africa, the days of a published award chart are long gone. Most other carriers charge around 40K one-way, meaning that the 64K-70K fares can be a decent value. If this sale works within your plans, then it could be good. The key to any Delta award sale is to have a need within the narrow scope of the sale. Some will complain, but it’s a way to cash out those old Skypesos for a decent value.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed bu the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.