Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
News & Interesting Tidbits From Around the Web
Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone. While I am still heartbroken by the Green Bay Packers loss two weeks ago, I will be enjoying the game this afternoon with my family. In case you have a few minutes of down time today, here are a few of the interesting things I have found from around the internet! Enjoy!
- Singapore is halving their first class cabin on their entire 777-300ER fleet. Thankfully the A380 is first class cabin is being left alone, but it may soon be much tougher to get a first class redemption on Singapore Airlines.
- An interesting scenario has opened up, because a new major retailer has started selling variable Visa gift cards. Head over to Frequent Miler’s post to guess which retailer it is and how it may be possible to earn 5x or more.
- The world’s tallest non-launched roller coaster has completed track construction.
- I meant to share this the other day, but Kayak has opened up search availability for travel to Cuba. I first read about it on Forbes who claims that over 300 hotels are available along with flight options that connect through other countries. If you are looking to book with miles, Avianca Lifemiles allows you to book a ticket from the U.S. for 17,500 miles in economy or 35,000 in business class.
- The Uber $30 referral program is back through February 16, 2015. I am sure everyone has an account by now, but perhaps you have some friends who would like the service. During this promotion the person signing up gets $30 and the person referring gets $30. This is my link, but every current member has one.
- eBay gift cards are paying 5% back through Ebates (referral link). Find out all of the fun things this allows you to do.
- You can save $5 off on your cable or satellite bills by paying with Chime. This is similar to the cell phone deal I mentioned awhile back, but it requires a $25 payment. You can find more on Chime here.
Enjoy your Sunday!
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.