PayPal Bounceback Promo $10 Reward
Update: Reports indicate this may be targeted.
I just received an email with a fantastic offer from PayPal. At first it looked like it may be targeted, but it doesn’t contain any exclusions in the terms. Let’s take a look!
Earn a $10 reward when you register & spend $100 or more with PayPal between 8/8/16 and 8/29/16.
How the Promo Works
- Register for this special promotion by 8/29/16.
- Spend $100+ between 8/8/16 and 8/29/16 anywhere PayPal is accepted online.
- Watch your inbox for a reward notification by 9/15/16. The reward will be automatically applied to your next purchase.
- PayPal members who sign up for the August Bounceback Offer between August 8, 12:00:00 am PDT, 2016 and August 29, 11:59:59 pm PDT, 2016 and complete eligible purchases totaling $100.00 USD or more (excluding taxes and shipping) made solely through your PayPal account, subject to the terms and exclusions below, can receive $10.00 off a future purchase (“Offer”) between September 13, 2016, 12:00:00 am PDT and September 26, 2016, 11:59:59 pm PDT.
- Offer open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who (a) are 18 years of age or older; (b) are holders of a U.S. PayPal account in good standing (c) are recipients of an email invitation from PayPal to participate in the Offer; and (d) complete registration for the Offer on the landing page provided as part of the Offer notification during the time period specified above in the Enrollment & Validity Period (“Eligible Participants”). Eligible Participants will receive an email from PayPal advising that the Offer is available for use with their PayPal account. Void where prohibited.
- The Offer will be applied to your next eligible purchase when you select PayPal to pay and log in to the PayPal account you used to sign up for the August Bounceback. The Offer will be reflected on your PayPal receipt or in the transaction details in your PayPal account. The Offer cannot be used to pay fees.
- Excluded transactions from the Offer include but are not limited to the following: donations, gift certificate payments, purchases of gift cards, send money transactions, eBay seller fees, eBay purchases paid via an eBay invoice. The Offer is valid in the 50 United States and limited to purchases in U.S. Dollars. The Offer cannot be transferred or combined with any other PayPal (a) offer (including but not limited to Pay After Delivery); (b) promotion code; (c) coupon; (d) Offer; or (e) discount.
- The Offer cannot be redeemed for cash and cannot be withdrawn from your PayPal account. The Offer cannot be applied to preapproved payments. PayPal reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Offer in part or in its entirety at any time without notice, for any reason in its sole discretion.
You must register for this promotion and probably will forget. Plus, I am sure you will want to read the full terms (not that most of them aren’t right above) anyway right? You can do both on the promo’s registration page.
This seems like an easy $10 for most people. I do enough shopping online at merchants that accept PayPal that I should have no problem triggering my reward on both my personal and business accounts. Between my wife and I that is an easy $40! Yes, gift cards do seem to be excluded, but there are plenty of options, especially on days like today when eBay has a nice shiny 8% bucks promotion.
This is a simple, easy and fun little promotion that isn’t life changing, but is simple enough to be fun and lucrative enough to participate in if you are going to make purchases anyway. Either way, it probably doesn’t hurt to register just in case you use PayPal sometimes this month.