US Bank is Offering a $300 Online Bonus for New Accounts
US Bank is offering a $300 bonus nationwide for new Platinum checking accounts. Let’s check the details.
Earn $300 when you open a new consumer Platinum Checking Package between January 21 and March 18, 2019 and complete recurring direct deposits of two or more that total $2,000 or more within 60 days of account opening.
How to earn your bonus:
- Open a new consumer Platinum Checking Package with promo code WEB2019 by March 18, 2019.
- Make sure to complete recurring direct deposits of two or more that total $2,000 or more within 60 days of account opening.
- Your bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification.
- Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer may not be combined with any other checking account bonus offers.
- Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the account has an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last six months, or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers within the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer).
- Offer is not applicable to accounts opened at a branch or through 24 Hour Banking. Current U.S. Bank employees are not eligible.
- Platinum Checking has a $24.95 monthly fee that is waived:
- If you have $25,000 in combined personal deposits, credit balances with U.S. Bank
- If you have a personal trust relationship with U.S. Bank Wealth Management
- If you are U.S. military, both former and active
The good part about this bonus is that it is $300 and is available online and nationwide. But it requires a large amount to keep the account fee free. Some people that have branches nearby could be better off with a $200 in-branch offer that doesn’t require a direct deposit.
HT: Doctor of Credit
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.