Wells Fargo is Offering $100-$200 Bonus for New Checking Accounts
Wells Fargo is offering two different bonuses for new checking accounts. One bonus of $200 is targeted to certain cities only. Another bonus for $100 or $150 is targeting customers who non Wells Fargo debit cards at one of their ATMs. Let’s look at these two offers.
$200 Bonus in Select Cities
Follow these steps, and you could qualify for a $200 bonus:
- Open a new, eligible consumer checking account in a branch or an Everyday Checking account online, with a minimum opening deposit of $25, by June 29th, 2018
- For 3 consecutive months, make a minimum of 10 purchases/payments per month with your new Wells Fargo Debit Card.
- Make 10 debit card purchases/payments within first 30 days from account open
- 10 additional debit card purchases/payments within the next 31-60 days from account open
- 10 additional debit card purchases/payments within the next 61-90 days from account open
All consumer checking accounts except Teen Checking are eligible for the $200 bonus when opened in a branch. Everyday Checking is the only eligible account for the offer when opened online.
Offer available only in the following participating locations (branch and online): Austin, TX; Charleston, SC; Charlottesville, VA; Columbia, SC; Columbus, GA; El Paso, TX-NM, Fresno-Visalia, CA; Ft. Myers-Naples, FL; Greensboro, NC; Greenville, SC-NC; Harlingen, TX; Houston, TX; Idaho Falls, ID; Las Vegas, NV; Reno, NV; Roanoke-Lynchburg, VA; Savannah, GA; Tampa, FL; Tucson (Sierra Vista), AZ; West Palm Beach, FL
$100-$150 Targeted Bonus
If you are not in one of the cities mentioned above, there’s another chance to get a bonus from Wells Fargo.
When you use a debit card from a different bank at an Wells Fargo ATM it will ask you at the end of your transaction if you want a $100 or $150 coupon to open e Wells Fargo checking account. With that coupon you can then open an account in branch to get the bonus. Keep in mind that there’s most likely fees associated with using a different bank’s ATM.
To receive either bonus you need to complete the following requirements:
- Open a new consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $50 in a Wells Fargo branch by July 31, 2018
- Complete one of the following: 10 debit card purchases/payments OR establish a qualifying direct deposit of $500 or more
These bonuses are usually limited to a few states: CO and maybe other. Let us know if you see the bonus in your state.
To avoid a $10 monthly fee you must have:
- 10 debit card purchases and/or payments each statement cycle OR
- $500 in qualifying direct deposits each statement cycle OR
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $1,500 OR
- Linked to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
We have seen bonuses as high as $250 from Wells Fargo, so these are not the best bonuses. But $200 or even $150 is still a decent payout for a little bit of work.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.