It's Amazon Prime Day! Check out our curated Prime Day 2018 MASTER THREAD of Deals!
Alaska MileagePlan Back to School Bonus
Mileage portal spending bonuses are among my favorite ways to pad my balance throughout the year. The two major times we see promotions are in the lead up to the holidays and during back to school. Last week I covered United’s 2K Back to School bonus and now Alaska is following up with a promotion of their own.
- Spend $200, earn 400 miles.
- Spend $750, earn 1,500 miles.
- “Back to School” bonus campaign runs from 07/29/16 through 08/14/16 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”).
- Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 1,500 Mileage Plan™ shopping bonus miles on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard Mileage Plan™ shopping miles earned from shopping online through the Mileage Plan™ Shopping mall.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
- Please allow 8-10 weeks for bonus miles to post to your Mileage Plan™ shopping account.
You can find the full details and terms here.
Just like with United’s promo, this bonus is fairly straightforward. Instead of different bonus multipliers at different levels, they are giving an extra 2X miles per dollar at each threshold. Basically, figure out whether you want to spend $200 or $750 and stick as close to that level of possible to maximize your earnings. Remember you earn the bonus on TOP of the normal payout, so the key is to find stores where the Alaska portal is competitive.
In the past Delta, Southwest and American have also run similar promotions, but as of now they don’t have a bonus offer promotion listed on their site. While I will cross my fingers for more promos, being able to earn 1,500 bonus miles per Alaska account and 2,000 bonus miles per United account will keep me busy!
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.