Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
FoundersCard: American Airlines Platinum Status and Challenge Returns
FoundersCard has announced that members are entitled to enroll in a “new” benefit that gives members automatic complimentary AAdvantage Platinum Status beginning March 14, 2018 and ending June 12, 2018. Members who enroll will be automatically given a Platinum Status Challenge. If the requirements of the challenge are met, members will keep their Platinum status through January 31, 2019.
This is not the first time FoundersCard has given members AAdvantage Platinum Status and a challenge opportunity. This challenge turns out to be a hugely valuable benefit of FoundersCard membership because the same challenge would cost $500 to enroll through American.
If you decide to sign up and use our referral link, it’s greatly appreciated!
- Members must enroll in this challenge by 11:59pm CT on March 2, 2018 to participate.
- Requirements to Successfully Complete the Platinum Challenge
- Must be enrolled in the American Airlines Business Extra Program. AND
- Earn $2,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) AND 12,500 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) or 16 Elite Qualifying Segments (EQSs) by traveling on American Airlines or other select airlines during the challenge period.
- Members with AAdvantage Platinum, Platinum Pro or Executive Platinum status are not eligible for this challenge.
- Members may receive elite status through quick qualification (fast track or challenge) once every 5 years.
The American Airlines benefit available to FoundersCard members has varied in past years, but hopefully this one is here to stay. Unfortunately, if you qualified for Platinum Status through this challenge in past years, you cannot complete the challenge again, but you should still be able to enjoy the limited time status perks. Promotion page on FoundersCard. FoundersCard has something for everyone and there are plenty of other valuable membership benefits, most notably Total Rewards Diamond Status.
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.