It's Amazon Prime Day! Check out our curated Prime Day 2018 MASTER THREAD of Deals!
Southwest Rapid Rewards Holiday Bonus
Mileage portal spending bonuses are among my favorite ways to pad my balance throughout the year. The two major times we see promotions are in the lead up to the holidays and during back to school. Previously I covered the holiday bonus promotions for Alaska, United & American and now Southwest has joined in on the fun.
- Spend $150, earn 500 bonus points.
- Spend $500, earn 1,000 bonus points.
- Spend $1,000, earn 3,000 bonus points.
- “Holiday Bonus” bonus campaign runs from November 07, 2016 through November 20, 2016 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”)
- Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 3,000 bonus points on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard points earned from shopping online through Rapid Rewards Shopping®.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus points.
You can find the full terms here.
This is actually much better than their back to school promotion where you earned at most 1.67X as a bonus. Under this promotion you can earn better than 3X on the lowest tier, but the best bang for your buck is probably hitting the $1K in spend. As always, it is best to stay as close to a tier as possible to maximize your bonus and to check Cashback Monitor to make sure the Southwest portal is competitive at the store you are shopping.
Also, remember that these points DO count towards a companion pass so if you are close to getting one, this could be a nice way to get over the top.
This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Miles to Memories compensation. Thank you for your support.