Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Southwest Rapid Rewards Back to School Bonus
Mileage portal spending bonuses are among my favorite ways to pad my balance throughout the year. The two major times we see promotions are in the lead up to the holidays and during back to school. Last week I covered United’s 2K Back to School bonus and Alaska’s 1,500 miles bonus and Southwest is also getting in on the fun with a bonus of their own!
- 250 bonus points when you spend $150
- 750 bonus points when you spend $500
- 2,500 bonus points when you spend $1,500
- “Back to School” bonus campaign, runs from August 01, 2016 through August 15, 2016 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”).
- Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 2,500 bonus points on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard points earned from shopping online through Rapid Rewards Shopping®.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus points.
You can find the full terms here.
Unlike the United and Alaska bonuses, you are not earning 2X extra miles at each tier, but are instead earning 1.67X at the lowest and highest tiers and 1.5X at the middle tier. As always, it is best to stay as close to a tier as possible to maximize your bonus and to check Cashback Monitor to make sure the Southwest portal is competitive at the store you are shopping.
Also, remember that these points DO count towards a companion pass which makes this bonus slightly more attractive overall! Happy shopping.
HT: Doctor of Credit
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.