Disclosure: Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. Links in this post may provide us with a commission.
Target Toy Sale 35% Off
Target has a great deal today (one day only) on toys and board games. Let’s look at how to stack discounts to save the most money and earn the most points!
- Save 30% off toys with the code PLAY. Additionally save 5% with a Target REDcard. (Excludes: excludes LEGO, Cards Against Humanity, Joking Hazard game and hoverboards.)
Note: You can also get an in-store mobile coupon by texting PLAY to 827438
You are already saving 35% off toys which is pretty good, especially for the hot toys that will sell out during the holiday season. But of course the ninjas don’t like good, they like great. Here is how to save even more.
- Start through a portal – Most cashback portals exclude toys, however it seems the airline portals do not. That of course doesn’t mean they will pay, so make sure to screenshot everything. The AAdvantage portal is the best since they pay 1 mile per dollar spent. Stack it with the current holiday promo to earn even more.
- Purchase gift cards through Gyft – Gyft sells Target gift cards up to $100 in value and you can use up to 4 gift cards per order. You still receive the 5% REDcard discount even if you pay with gift cards as long as the REDcard is linked to your account. The great thing about Gyft is they have been known to code as a 5X category on the Chase Ink/Cash cards when you pay with PayPal!
- Purchase gift cards through GiftCardMall or GiftCards.com – Both of these sites offer up to $500 Target gift cards and the former has been known to code as 3X with the AT&T Access More card. (I haven’t seen recent data points.) The best portal I know of for these is Yazing. I can’t seem to get past security verifications with GCM but ordering through Yazing with GiftCards.com has worked flawlessly.
A Few Tips
- Target gift cards can be loaded and saved to your Target.com account and used later if your purchase doesn’t wipe out the entire balance. Once you use a gift card online, the system will automatically save it to your account.
- Target e-Gift cards aren’t immediately available in-store, but if you save them to your online account and download the app, you’ll be able to redeem them easily at a register.
- If you don’t have a REDcard, you can get the Target Amex (aka REDbird) and load it with money or the Target Debit card (what I use) which is tied to your bank account. You don’t need a Target REDcard credit card to save the 5%.
This is a great deal considering the amount of the discount plus the availability to earn up to 5X rewards as well. Many of the more popular toys are sure to sellout quickly so it could be a good idea to act quickly and at the very least you can go in-store to save as well. Happy shopping!
Miles to Memories has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Miles to Memories and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.