Atlantic City Status Match Guide – Make $$$ Visiting Atlantic City!
There have been quite a few Atlantic City status match posts but most (all?) of them are now out of date. Having recently done the match go round this past weekend I figured I would share my experience with it. Atlantic City is unique in this way that it offers people with status a way to get free betting, comps, food and show tickets. These same tips and tricks DO NOT work in Las Vegas. But the status earned can add value to your next Vegas trip. I hope you enjoy my Atlantic City status match guide.
Start With Status
The first thing you need to do the Atlantic City status match go around is actual status with a casino. The best and easiest one to get status with is Caesars Rewards. You can accomplish this without gambling a dollar, but more on that later.
Wyndham is Our Friend
Earlier this year I told you that you should status match Wyndham to Caesars Rewards. They have a partnership that allows you to match status between the programs. The status years have different ending dates too (Wyndham is 12/31 but Caesars is 1/31). That means you can status match back and forth the first few months of the year. So once you have status with the programs it is easy to keep it active each year. But what if you don’t already have Wyndham Rewards Diamond status or Caesars Rewards Diamond status?
Wyndham Matches Hotel Program Status Too
Have no fear if you don’t already have Wyndham status, it is easy to get if you have another hotel status. You can match from the following hotel statuses to Wyndham Rewards Diamond:
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite or higher
- Hilton Honors Gold or higher
- IHG Platinum Elite or higher
- Hyatt Globalist
- Radisson Rewards Gold or higher
- Best Western Diamond Select
- Choice Privileges Diamond
- Omni Select Guest Black
A few of these statuses can be had by simply carrying a credit card:
- Hilton Gold – Amex Surpass Card (Learn More), American Express Platinum
- Hilton Diamond – Amex Aspire Card
- IHG Platinum – Chase IHG Premier Card
- Marriott Gold – American Express Platinum
Once you gain one of these status levels you submit a match to Wyndham Rewards to gain Diamond Status. When you get the Wyndham Rewards status you match that to Caesars Rewards Diamond status and you are now ready to rock and roll.
Current Atlantic City Status Match Offers
Here is an up to date list of the offers you can grab.
Hard Rock Casino
Let’s start with the Hard Rock Atlantic City since it offers the best status match. With the match you get the following:
- Wild Card Rewards Rock Royalty status
- $100 in slot or table game free play (always take slot play since it is easier to walk away with money)
- Two nights at the hotel for any day of the week – this is active right away so you could use it that night if there is space. You only have 90 days to use it though.
- Two tickets to Howie Mandel’s Comedy Club
- Access for two to Legends Lounge or two free Fresh Harvest Buffet passes
- There are a lot of perks for Rock Royalty status and here is a link to the status match offer.
That is a lot of value right there, especially if you can use the two free nights. The hotel was sold out when we were there but if you go during the week or during the shoulder season you would have a better chance of using it right away.
The next most valuable match is at Borgota casino who is a part of Mlife. My wife did the status match here but I could not since I already have Gold status with them. If you remember I did a status match between Mlife and Hyatt to get 4 more lounge certs earlier this year. The current offer for the status match is as follows:
- $100 in free play
- 1 free night in the hotel (must be used within 90 days)
- $25 in comps which gets you two free entries to the buffet or entry into the lounge for two.
- You get MLife Gold status which comes with the following perks (scroll down when you click through)
- Here is the link for the status match offer
Ocean Casino Resort
Ocean has updated their status match and it is now the least valuable offer. It could be the most valuable to some depending on how you look at it. They used to offer two free nights and $75 in slot play. Now they offer the following:
- They will cover your slot play losses on your first day of gambling up to $500.
- The losses will be returned to you in the form of free play 4-6 weeks later
- Here is the link to the status match chart and Ocean Premier’s status perks
This is not an easy one to make worthwhile unless you plan on going back to Atlantic City. You could pair it up with your Borgota or Hard Rock free nights (Hard Rock is right next door). If you wanted to try to rack up comps or go for a big win this would cover most of your losses.
You should be able to turn $500 in free play into at least $350 in cash. That means you would get $1,000 in bankroll for a realized loss of $100-$200. Assuming that you gamble with discipline at least. This would allow you to play some higher denomination machines than you normally would and go for a big time win. This plan only works if you could make the return trip and stop as soon as you hit $500 in losses.
My Atlantic City Status Match Results
I had my wife with me for the trip so we were able to double dip half the time. We hit Hard Rock first and turned our $200 in free play into $161.79 in cash. After playing through our free play we both ended up with over $80 in winnings.
Then we headed to Ocean thinking it would be the $75 in free play offer. Since we did not have a return trip to Atlantic City planned in the near future we decided to pass on their offer.
On our way back to Philadelphia we stopped by Borgota and I had my wife do the status match. We turned her $100 freeplay into $73.92.
Those total up to a profit of $235.71. We also had a nice brunch in the Borgota lounge (lounge pictured above) after completing the slot play. We didn’t have time to check out the lounge at Hard Rock but I am sure they have a nice spread in there as well. You should be able to get a couple of free meals and some drinks out of this deal if you play it right.
I was sad the $75 free play offer was no longer available at Ocean. That would have netted us another $100+ between the two of us. Just remember to constantly cash out as you hit good pots so that you don’t spend any money earned at the slots. You can also pick how much you want to put into each machine so you don’t have to use the entire $100 at one machine.
Atlantic City wasn’t our favorite place on earth but getting free food, drinks and being paid a few hundred dollars to show up made it a lot more enticing. If you have an upcoming trip or just want to take a weekend away for very little out of pocket cost then try the status matches. I think our trip was worth it overall and it was fun to check out a new place without spending any money. If we had been more prudent we could have covered a lot more of our food and drink while we were there too.
Hopefully you found my Atlantic City status match guide useful and it will help you on your next trip there.